Saturday, July 2, 2011

"Carmel. California" (emily)

Hey y'all!
I apologize for this being short, but i am exhausted from my fabulous day, and need my sleep! I am now visiting my relatives in Aptos, CA and we went to Carmel today!! We went hiking near the cove, and i found a bunch of whale ribs that were taller than me (and i KNOW i'm easy to pass when it comes to heights, but these things were HUGE!) !! We then traveled to downtown Carmel, where we ate at this delicious italian restraunt named Cafe Nico's and walked down to the beach (yes, the beach is in less than a mile's walking distance :D ). Unfortunately, i spent the whole walk carrying a toddler on my back that i was exhausted!! but, since NO ONE can refuse the adorable red hair and big eyes of my baby cousin, i got a BUNCH of people coming up and talking to me, including some very cute boys! ;D there were dogs EVERYWHERE and priuses EVERYWHERE, which was cool!! we stopped at a coffee place before we left and i got an iced carmel machiatto, which i fell in LOVE w/ (watch out starbucks! ;D )!! all in all, carmel is a great place and i hope we get to go back soon before i have to leave next week!
Hoping a good summer is at hand! ;)
                        -Emily

1 comment:

  1. Hey Emily! Your (and everyone else's) terrific attitudes were the best part of that day. I only wish i could have shown you the Carmel I know and love--sunny, warm, and the most amazing beach to relax on. Instead, the beach was so cold once we got there it was like, "ok, well, here's the world-famous beach. . . now let's all go get a warm drink somewhere." ; )

    glad your warm drink was such a good one!

    Oh, and I can't believe how much endurance you have in those arms!!!

    ReplyDelete